Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Very Special Still Waters...

Dear Readers.

It is with much sadness that I inform you that I totally shrank the crap out of my favorite sweater.  It wasn't even a nice sweater and I'm sure that style-wise, it did nothing for me.  But it was great for throwing on over a t-shirt or taking with me when I wasn't sure if what I had on would be warm enough.  Or wearing around the house.  Or wearing with my fleece so that I wouldn't have to wear my great big coat.

It was grey.  Actually.  It is STILL grey.  It's just that now, it's probably too small for my 9 year old niece.  Who is a normal size, it's not like she's a giant.  It's that my sweater is THAT small. 

I would have laughed when I pulled it out of the washer if it wasn't so horrifying!  I did laugh - until I thought, "This is not funny!  This is...horrifying!" 

I have forced my arms into the sweater (it's a cardigan, kind of) and I will eventually be attempting to button it.  I would like you all to know that there is nothing in the world more uncomfortable than damp wool.  Especially damp wool that is WAY too small for you.

So please.  When your favorite sweater says, "hand wash only".  Wash it by hand. 

I guess what I find most disturbing is that I wear, excuse me, wore this sweater ALL.THE.TIME.  Is this really the first time I washed it?

Love,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. I have made this mistake with my knitting, washing something with mohair in it because the ball band said it was machine washable. Sometimes you have to use common sense!

    Just a suggestion: http://greenupgrader.com/4365/upcycled-sweater-scarf-a-mo-better-sweater/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that. Sorry to hear that. At least it wasn't the rainbow sweater!

    ReplyDelete