Thursday, July 30, 2009

Favorite Thing I Saw on the Subway Today...

Actually, it was yesterday. But I didn't like the way "yesterday" looked in the title.

But here it is: my favorite thing (that happened yesterday)

After rehearsal, I got down to the subway platform. And it was hot. SO HOT...New York sort of sucks in the summer - mostly because the subway platforms are...SO HOT. People are standing around. Sweating. Looking down the tracks to see if the train is coming...no train. People keep standing around. Reading their books. Wiping the sweat from their faces. Smallish, 50ish, normal looking woman, stops reading her book and checks the tracks again. Still no train. It's...SO HOT. People are getting sweatier and sweatier, and by people, I mean me.

Then.

Finally.

Here comes the train! Yeah!

Except.

It's the C Train.

And I want the E Train.

So, we go back to sweating and wiping and reading.

And then...

Here it comes...

THE E TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the smallish, 50ish, normal looking woman walks up to the edge of the platform and FLIPS OFF the subway driver! What??? People are dumb, and by people, I mean this lady. Does she really think the driver had anything to do with when the train arrives at the platform? Can the subway driver take the scenic route? Or get lost? Or pick up a friend before coming to get us? Or stop at Wendy's to get a Frosty?

The answer is...NO!

She wasted her Flip.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny! I'm so glad you're blogging. And I can hear you saying these stories as I'm reading them; your writing style is very true to your voice.

    ReplyDelete