Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Exploring

So, yesterday was the first day that I had actual errands to run. And I also had plans to meet Tony for lunch. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but...I have to write about something, right?

First, I went to the bank and got some money. Pounds and Pounds of it. Then, I went to Vodaphone to "top up"( or was it "top off") my temporary cell phone that a super kind friend of a friend lent me. Next, I got on the bus and took it to Liverpool station and then met Tony for lunch at Ping Pong. Dim Sum place. Pretty good. After that I went to Boots, the drug store, and accidentally bought 3 bottles of shampoo - I thought one of them was conditioner. Whatever. It was white and creamy looking, at least it's moisturizing shampoo. And finally, to the grocery for some milk and orange juice. We prefer our orange juice "without juicy bits" thank you very much.

But as I was walking around I was struck by the thought that I have never stood in this place before. Nothing terribly earth shattering, but to be somewhere completely new is kind of rare, really. Even now, when I've been in London for only 2 weeks - there are places that I know how to get to. That I've been to several times. That I know what aisle the soap is in.

I'm enjoying this part.

There's more I want to tell you. But it requires pictures. And for some reason, they don't want to upload right now. I'll see if a certain someone knows any fancy computer tricks. Then maybe I can finish what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment