Thursday, July 29, 2010

Things that I Found Odd Today

So. Today was a "flat" hunting day. I say "flat" because I keep calling them apartments, like any normal person would. And...I like quotes. They instantly provide "humor" and I don't have to actually be funny. Don't you agree? Trust me; you agree.

Anyway.

On my way out of The Tube - riding another giant escalator (they have to dig a gazillion meters (I've switched to metric and I know I've just double parenthesis-ed) to reach bedrock here. Industrious Victorians at it again) I saw an travel ad for Germany. This is what it read. And I quote, not funny, just exact,

"Germany. A great place to visit when you have the time to spare."

Am I the only person who thinks that odd? Like Germany is saying, "Oh, don't bother coming if you only have a few days. We know you're busy. You'll get around to it eventually."

What?

The next thing I found odd was a mistake on my part. I saw this headline:

Tory rebels line up to threaten plans on electoral reform

Keep in mind that I've been running around looking at "flats" all day. What I thought the headline read was this:

Toy rebels line up to threaten plans on electrical reform

I thought, "Wow. English people are really passionate about their toys. I bet they make all kinds of hand crafted, beautiful, classic toys to encourage kids to develop their imaginations. Encourage them to play with something not covered in lead paint or battery dependent personal video game consoles. Good for them!!!"

I took 3 scans through the google news site for me to actually see that this headline had nothing to do with fun. Pretty much, the most un-fun thing possible. Everybody knows that Torries are boring.

So maybe this second this isn't odd really. Whatever. Don't get picky. If you want a blog with proper grammar, and correct word usage. Um...I don't even know what blog to send you to.

Excuse me, to which blog I should send you.

Whatever. I need an apartment. Fast. Or...a "flat." STAT.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha... you should have taken a picture of the Germany ad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I totally should. I'll try to find another one tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also - I should have proofed this. Just a little. Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you crack me up! AND it would be HUMOUR, not humor, right?

    ReplyDelete