Friday, January 14, 2011

Drier or Dryer?

I know you all want to see some pictures of our place.  And we're getting there.  But today I wanted to tell you all about the fancy clothes dryer we have here in London.  And then...I was confused by the word dryer.  Is it dryer or drier?  Apparently, it's DRYER.  Here's how to remember it: the clothes dryer makes your clothes drier.   Or at least, that's what I learned on the Internet.  And, tell me, when has that ever been wrong???

So...here's ours.  And I know you're jealous.  I can feel it already.  I'll explain how you can get one too below the picture.

Basically all you need is a compression shower rod.  A hallway, preferably with a window, so you have something to look at while you're hanging everything.  And a TON of hangers that the previous occupant didn't take with him.  You might think that's gross, used hangers...but really, what sort of gross things can happen with nice plastic hangers?  It's all about re-using and reducing in our house!  We're Erbalicious!  (note:  they pronounce it Herbalicious here)

So...what can we see out this window when I'm not drying all of our clothes?  Here are some shots from our back window.








Isn't England pretty?  It all looks so, English to me.  Imagine my surprise when upon arrival I found that London pretty much looks like how I'd imagined it.  At least my neighborhood...

And here are some winter scenes.  Same window.  And a couple from our "Juliet Balcony" in our kitchen.  For those of you who don't know, a Juliet Balcony is basically a DOOR that opens to NOTHING...except a 15 foot drop to the roof below.  It's a HUGE selling point here.









See!  It snows here...everyone lied...



And here are some pictures from our living room, excuse me, reception room.  






So, a lot of pictures of the outside.  Maybe I'll invite you in next time...

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes my dryer doesn't get my clothes drier, any advise ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you could always try hanging them up in front of a window. Seems to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you on your dryer! How eco-friendly. Also, it probably helps with the humidity of your apartment (if you have that problem). Views of your neighborhood are lovely. And I notice you have a store across the street called Linea - that's the name of one of my coworker's daughters. What kind of store is it? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete